Friday, March 16, 2007

Underneath Are the Everlasting Arms

As I rushed to the Post Office on campus to send out my Visa Application yesterday, I was feeling pretty good about things. My Visa application was perhaps the last really big step in this process that I'll have to worry about for a while. Then reality hit again. I'm at college. I'm taking twenty credit hours. I have my Oral and Practical examinations (8-10 hours of grueling examinations and projects) for my airframe mechanic's license in two weeks.

Well, that's the earthly reality.But there is a heavenly reality. A reality which says, "The eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms." (Deut. 33:27) So, as I fight panic at times, frustration at other times in my own human weakness, I find my comfort and peace in the sufficient grace of the Cross and my strength in the "everlasting Arms."

No comments: