Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Futbol Evangelism

This was written May 18 so it is slightly out of order. -Mom-

High in the hills of Sabga, the Lord is proving Himself faithful in so many ways everyday. Everything is going great here, or “fine” as they like to answer the question, “how are you?” rather than well or good. The language most speak here is Pidgin which has a good portion of familiar vocabulary, but enough difference that it is a completely different language and impossible for me to understand an extended conversation without an interpreter. But that is one language I will learn this summer. The other I will attempt is Fulfulde. That is the language spoken by the Fulani (Muslim) people here.

I have played a lot of futbol (soccer) in my first four days here. I play with some junior high boys at their school. They are Muslim and speak only a little English, and, of course, I speak no Fulfulde as of yet. I am praying that the Lord will give me opportunities this summer to use this as an inroad to lead some to the one true GOD through His holy Son Jesus Christ. “So that at the name of Jesus, every knee will bow . . . and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

No comments: